Jammu and Kashmir High Court at Jammu has invited online application for 04 (four) vacant posts Reader (direct quota). High Court released notification (No. 01 of 2021/RG) on April 27th, 2021. Eligible and interested candidates may apply through the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court at Jammu.
Applications along with the prescribed fee will be received only through online mode on recruitment portal of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir link of which will be activated on 03.05.2021 on the website of the High Court: https://www.jkhighcourt.nic.in.
Qualification and Experience
Law Graduate (Professional) from any recognized University established by Law in India and recognized as such by Bar council of India.
Selection Criteria for Reader
- By direct recruitment on the basis of a written and viva-voce test as per the criteria and Syllabus appended to this article.
- The candidate who wishes to apply for the post of reader must be have a domicile of UT of Jammu and Kashmir in terms of S.O. 166 dated 18.05.2020 issued by GAD, Government of Jammu and Kashmir and those who are residents of UT of Ladakh for a period of not less than 15 years before the date of applying and are actually residing in the area.
Steps For Applying
- Eligible candidates need to apply through on-line registration system on Jammu and Kashmir High Court website through the home page of the website Jammu & Kashmir High Court.
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- The candidate before starting online registration should keep the properly scanned copies (readable form), of the relevant documents / certificates ready for uploading during registration of application.
- More detailed and step by step procedure to apply for post of Reader is available here.
There shall be an objective type written test comprising of 85 questions, each question carrying one mark. The duration of the written test shall be of 90 minutes. The written test shall comprise questions on the following subjects:-
|1||Code of Civil Procedure, 1908||10 questions|
|2||Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973||10 questions|
|3||J&K High Court Rules, 1999||03 questions|
|4||Writ Proceeding Rules, 1997||04 questions|
|5||Letters Patent Rules||03 questions|
|6||Civil & Criminal Rules for Guidance of Subordinate Courts||05 questions|
|7||The Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996||10 questions|
|8||The Limitation Act, 1963||10 questions|
|9||The Constitution of India||10 questions|
|10||The J&K Reorganization Act, 2019||10 questions|
|11||General Knowledge/Current Affairs||10 questions|
There shall be viva-voce of 15 marks. The candidates will be called for interview/viva-voce on merit on the basis of their performance in the written examination in the ratio of 1:5.
- Application for Post of Reader are accepted only through online only mode. Application submitted through any other mode will be summarily rejected.
- Before applying online, the candidates are advised to carefully go through the guidelines for online submission of forms. These guidelines will be available in the online portal of the High Court.
- The reservation for various categories would be determined as per the provisions of S.0. 127 dated 20.04.2020.
- Date of Commencement for submission of online applications =03.05.2021
- Last Date for submission of online applications = 25.05.2021
- Last date for submission of online fee = 25.05.2021
|Total Number of Post||4 (Four)|
|Post||Reader (direct quota)|
|Age Limit||18 years – 48 years as on January 01st, 2021 subject to reservation.|
|Last date||25/05/2021, 5:00 PM|
We try to provide you accurate information about the Job Openings. But, the information given above may be inaccurate. Go through the notification and verify at your end before applying. We don’t take any responsibility for any loss.