OPTCL is looking for young, promising and energetic aspirants with bright academic records to join the organization (OPTCL and Gridco) as OPTCL Management Trainees in the disciplines of Finance, HRD, Law, IT, CS & Economist.
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL), a state-owned power utility in Odisha, is in the business of electricity transmission, with the aim of being one of the country’s leading transmission utilities. The Corporation’s current asset value is around Rs. 3,700 crores. OPTCL employs about 2,616 daily employees throughout the state, who are spread across various Grids and Sub-stations.
GRIDCO is in the business of buying and selling power in bulk to the four distribution companies within the state, as well as exchanging surplus power through traders to facilitate power exchange with neighbouring states.
Qualification and Experience
Degree in law (full time) from recognized university/Institute in India is required
Other Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- She / He must be able to read, write and speak Odia language fluently.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment.
- The candidate must have a good character.
Share this Job Opening
Selection Procedure for OPTCL Management Trainee
- Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test, comprising 200 number of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), out of which Subject Knowledge (80%), Numerical / GK & Reasoning (10%) & English Knowledge (10%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- In addition, there shall be an online Psychometric Test of 30 Minutes for which there shall be no marking in CBT. However, the report of the psychometric test will be used at the time of Personal Interview.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- Candidates who qualify in CBT and be shortlisted will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 in case of MT-Finance and in the ratio of 1:5 in case of other posts.
- The merit list will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Personal Interview. The weightage for CBT & Personal Interview is 80% & 20% respectively.
- The offer of appointment shall be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of merit. However, the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their Medical fitness as per the prescribed format.
- On selection, candidates can be posted at any of the existing / upcoming units of OPTCL throughout Odisha.
Steps For Applying
- Before filling up On-line Application, candidates are advised to go through the advertisement carefully and understand the contents of the Advertisement. They must go through the Instructions to fill up On-line Application and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) available in the OPTCL website: www.optcl.co.in.
- On successful registration of the online application form, a unique Registration Number will be sent to their registered e-mail. Candidates are required to retain the unique Registration Number for future correspondence.
- Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application form for future use. In case the candidate is shortlisted for Personal Interview, the candidate has to submit the same at the time of Personal Interview.
Details Of Application Fee To Be Paid By The Candidates
|Unreserved / SEBC Category||Rs. 1000/-|
- For any guidance on filling up the On-line Application and information regarding advertisement & recruitment, the candidate may contact the OPTCL Help Desk Telephone Number:- 9438907594 in all working days between 11AM to 5 PM and/or can also email at [email protected]
The candidates are required to visit the OPTCL website www.optcl.co.in for any relevant information from time to time.
|Total Number of Post||management1 (One)|
|Post||OPTCL Management Trainee (MT)|
|Pay||Rs. 56,100/- to Rs.1,77,500/- (Level:EE-2)|
|Age Limit||21 years – 32 years|
|Last date||13.06.2021, 11.59 PM|
We try to provide you accurate information about the Job Openings. But, the information given above may be inaccurate. Go through the notification and verify at your end before applying. We don’t take any responsibility for any loss.