The proposal for selecting Law Clerk cum Research Assistant on an honorarium basis in the High Court of Karnataka has been approved by the High Court and the Government in order to attract brilliant and talented law graduates to join the legal profession and to provide them with exposure to various aspects of litigation and branches of law as well as familiarity with Court procedures.
Applications are invited from interested candidates for selection to 19 posts of Law Clerk cum Research Assistant on the following terms and conditions: –
1) The Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants will be attached to one of the Hon’ble Judges of the High Court of Karnataka and he / she will assist the Judge not only in the judicial work but also in the administrative work.
2) The duties and responsibilities of a Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant are:
(i) reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes and chronology of events;
(ii) identifying facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed;
(iii) presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
(iv) research work on case law, books and articles for the purpose of assisting the Judge in the preparation of judgments; and
(v) assisting the Judge to prepare speeches and academic papers.
(SELECTION TO THE POST OF “LAW CLERK – CUM – RESEARCH ASSISTANTS” PURELY ON TEMPORARY AND CONTRACT BASIS)
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in law (full time) from recognized university/Institute in India is required with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- must not have completed the age of 30 years as on the last date of application.
- must have enrolled as an Advocate in Karnataka State Bar Council.
- must have knowledge of operation of computers.
Applications of ineligible candidates will summarily rejected without notice.
Share this Job Opening
Method of Selection for Law Clerk cum Research Assistant
- A Committee of Hon’ble Judges constituted by Hon’ble the Chief Justice will select the candidates on the basis of:
- academic record, achievements in co-curricular activities and
- performance in the interview.
- The applicants whose applications are in order shall be considered for calling for viva.
- The candidates shall see that the application is complete in all respects.
- Copies of the relevant certificates that accompany the application shall be self-attested.
|Total Number of Post||19 (Nineteen)|
|Post||Law Clerk cum Research Assistant|
|Pay||Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only)|
|Age Limit||Below 30 years|
The information given above may be inaccurate. Go through the notification and verify at your end before applying. We don’t take any responsibility for any loss. Read Official Notification for Complete and Accurate Information.