Judge Advocate General’s Department is the full form of JAG. It is the Indian Army’s legal division, and it deals with lawsuits and disciplinary proceedings involving or relating to the Indian military. It also ensures that the Army receives legal help in matters relating to human rights. Every year, the Indian Army issues a notification for applicants who have completed their law degrees and are between the ages of 21 and 27.
The Indian army’s Judge Advocate General advises military officers on a daily basis, including the Chief of the Army Staff. Officers from his department may either be commissioned into the JAG Branch directly or be sidestepped from other divisions, arms, or corps.
Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree.
- The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with Bar Council of India/State. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
21 to 27 years as on 01 Jul 2021 (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1994 and not later than 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive).
- A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal,
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Share this Job Opening
- Shortlisting of Applications.
- Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting i.e., www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Please visit http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedures of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.
Steps For Applying
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Appin/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’.
- Application for JAG Indian Army are accepted only through online only mode. Application submitted through any other mode will be summarily rejected.
- For any technical assistance for submission of online application forms please visit official website.
|Total Number of Post||Men – 06, Women – 02.|
|Post||JAG Indian Army|
|Qualification||LL. B with 55% marks|
|Age Limit||21 to 27 years.|
|Last date||04 JUN 2021 AT 1500 HRS|
The information given above may be inaccurate. Go through the notification and verify at your end before applying. We don’t take any responsibility for any loss.