Gauhati High Court at Guwahati has invited online application for 12 (twelve) vacant posts (unreserved) in Grade-III of Assam Judicial Service. High Court released notification (No. HC.XXXVII-15|2O21| 188 /R. Ce) on June 2nd, 2021. Eligible and interested candidates may apply through the official website of the Gauhati High Court at Guwahati.
Judicial Services Exam, also known as the PCS (J)-Provincial Civil Service -Judicial Exam are entry-level opportunities for law graduates to become a member of the subordinate judiciary. These exams are conducted by a respective judicial department of different states to hire for subordinate judicial services.
Qualification and Experience
Degree in law (full time) from recognized university/Institute in India is required.
Share this Job Opening
Selection Criteria for Grade-III of Assam Judicial Service
- The Competitive Examination will consist of a Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and a Viva Voce/Interview.
- Candidates have to secure 60% or more marks in the Preliminary Examination to be eligible for Main Written Examination.
- All candidates who obtain 60% or more aggregate marks in the Main Written Examination subject to securing at least 45% marks in individual Paper-I, II, III & IV and minimum 35% marks in the Official Language Paper (Paper- V) shall be eligible for Viva Voce.
- The marks secured in the language paper are just for the qualifying purpose and will not be counted in the aggregate marks for the final selection.
Steps For Applying
- Eligible candidates need to apply through on-line registration system on Gauhati High Court website through the home page of the website www.ghconline.gov.in wherein a scroll under the caption “Click here to apply” will be available:
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- The candidate before starting online registration should keep the properly scanned copies (readable form), of the relevant documents / certificates ready for uploading during registration of application.
Details of Application fee to be paid by the candidates
|PWD (locomotor disability)||Nil|
|All others||Rs. 500/-|
Payment of Fees
- After submission of candidature please take a printout of the fee payment challan. The mode of payment is cash only. The payment can be made at any branch of State Bank of India on or before the last date fixed for payment of fees.
- Last date for payment of fees is July 1, 2021.
- Please print the Acknowledgement Receipt and Application Form generated by the system on this phase after completion of fee payment process for further reference.
- Application for Grade-III of Assam Judicial Service are accepted only through online only mode. Application submitted through any other mode will be summarily rejected.
- For any technical assistance for submission of online application forms please email to [email protected], mentioning the Post Name in the Subject line and related Registration Code, Applicant’s Name, Father’s Name alongside the grievance in the body of the e-mail.
Preliminary Examination (Screening test) shall consist of objective type questions of 100 marks, out of which 90 marks will cover General Knowledge, Aptitude, English, Constitution of India, Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Evidence Act, Limitation Act, Legal Theories of Jurisprudence, Arbitration & Conciliation Act, Indian Contract Act, and remaining 10 marks to test the proficiency in the Official Language(s) of the State of Assam.
MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION
PAPER-I: English 100 Marks
- Essay Writing
- Precis Writing
- Grammar etc.
PAPER-II: General Knowledge 100 Marks
- Objective Type
- Aptitude Test
PAPER-III: Law Paper- I 100 marks
- Constitution of India
- Code of Civil Procedure Code
- Transfer of Property Act
- Indian Contract Act
PAPER-IV: Law Paper – II 100 marks
- Indian Panel Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- Law of Torts
PAPER-IV: Law Paper – II 50 marks
- Official Language of the State of Assam
NOTE: – The candidate is expected to refer to the relevant decisions of the Apex Court and the High Court while writing answers in paper II and III.
Interview/ Viva-Voce: – 50 marks
|Total Number of Post||22 (Twenty-Two)|
|Post||Grade-III of Assam Judicial Service|
|Pay||Rs.27,700-770-33 – 44,770|
|Age Limit||43 Years – SC, ST. 38 Year – Others|
|Last date||28/06/2021, 5:00 PM|
We try to provide you accurate information about the Job Openings. But, the information given above may be inaccurate. Go through the notification and verify at your end before applying. We don’t take any responsibility for any loss.